Saturday, June 14, 2008

Top-Of-The Mind Blogs for 2008

Let me digress a little bit and write my nominations for Janette Toralba's Most Influential Blogs for 2008. These are blogs which I read and have taken a great interest in for the past few months.

1. Nick's www.tingog.com: This man writes with sober passion. His writings inspire and always imbued with reason. There's a quiet satisfaction reading his stuff. Delight is such an underrated statement.

2. Manolo's www.quezon.ph: Manolo's entries are great pieces of academic literature that no one in his right mind should pass off. Truly, he belongs to that great tradition of historians who write relevant pieces that not only satiate one's thirst for knowledge but amuzes one's senses.

3. Ding Gagelonia's At Midfield: At 50 years of age, Ding writes with authority and like Nick, with sober passion. His entries are a delight to read.

4. Benigno's blog: Despite what others say about him, I find Benigno to be a comrade and a friend. I haven't met the guy but I am sure am quite impressed with his take on life.

5. Ellen Tordesillas blog at www.ellentordesillas.com: There's always a gem there. Her vigilance for the Tanay boys and those Patriots who risked their lives for the sake of future generations is commendable. I would love to see Ellen working for the next administration of true Patriots.

6. smoketalk.wordpress.com. I love the prose of this blogger. She writes very well. Like her, I can't write that well if I don't smoke. Smokers of the World, unite! You only have your stubs to prove your commitment to the struggle!

7. Uniffors. Always great commentaries from an equally great blogger.

8. Rom's blog. There's a unique attraction to this blog because I always feel that it reflects reality. She writes with passion.

9. Jester-In-Exile. An advocate, a great and passionate blogger and truly, an accomplished Jester.

10. Ricky Carandang's blog. I sometimes read him, sometimes don't. Nonetheless, I read him for his insights on the goings-on in local journalism.

5 comments:

  1. Please link to the writing project and all the entries you've cited so that this will be included in our weekly summary. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. :D

    -rom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Pat. But may I say I particularly enjoy reading Rom's blog with her biting commentary and take-it-as-comes fluidity, She'll rank high on anyone's list, smoker or non-smoker. Having grown up in a newsroom always filled with smokers even if I never did, I'd spend a whole day with you guys just for the conversation. Never mind second hand smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to see you on Monday.. Hehe :)

    Nakanaks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were one of the most inspiring people I ever encountered in college. Looking back, the police beat was one of the most outstanding learning experiences ever.

    Today I still keep in my wallet the letter you gave me as a reminder to keep fighting for what I believe is right.

    I would prefer to share these words of gratitude to you in person at the bloggers meet-up, but after one blink you disappeared.

    Your selections here are wonderful. I look forward to browsing them. Thank you. =)

    (Digiputz.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!