Monday, October 12, 2009
Who are Chiz's POP? Ople is one
For those with relatives working abroad, you probably tasted at least one of Chiz Escudero's POP? And I mean Susan Ople.
Yep. My good friend, Susan "Toots" Ople is being considered by Chiz Escudero as one of his "POP". She's the "O" in the POP as in " Ohlala". Hehehe. Why, you ask me? Well, consider this POP quiz:
1. Who has the experience and the track record in helping OFWs? Answer: ate Susan "Toots" Ople.
2. Who has the experience working for labor causes in government? Answer: ate Susan "Toots" Ople.
3. Who is the only Bulakena who'll probably run and win as a Senator this coming 2010? Answer: Ate Susan "Toots" Ople.
4. Who studied in Harvard and wants to effect new changes in government? Answer: Susan "Toots" Ople.
5. Who is the voice of the Filipino worker in the Senate? Answer: Susan "Toots" Ople.
Susan Ople is one of the most nationalistic people I've met in years (aside from, of course, Trixie Angeles, Argee Guevarra, etc.). She's bright. She is idealistic. She has a pure heart. And she always, always do things with passion.
Her platform is simple----improve the quality of life of Filipino workers. Ople believes that the worker class is the most progressive of all classes. If you help them improve their lives, then, you help the entire country.
Her passion right now is help Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW). Her research and policy center, the Blas F. Ople Labor Policy Center is at the forefront of efforts to improve the lives of OFWs.
She helped bring at least a hundred truck drivers from the Middle East who were victimized by their recruitment agency. She's always there whenever a Filipina gets victimized by syndicates. And she's there when a Filipino got entangled with the law.
If Susan Ople consider running for the Senate, then, I, along with my friends, will be behind her. It is time for someone who knows the plight of the OFW to create laws for the protection of their rights.