Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Going back to Ilocos

Yep, it's confirmed---I am going back to Ilocos by next week. I am going to drive more than 400 kilometers just to kiss the wonderful sun, enjoy the caresses of the wind and feel the warmth of the gold-colored sands of Pug-os beach. 


Opps...I'm not an Ilokano but I love everything about the North. I went there the first time about a decade or so ago, and I fell in love with the place. The weather there is different. If Manila's weather is gloomy, Ilocos' is always sunny.


Credit that because Ilocos is some kilometers away from Taiwan and China, the sun there is most majestic. Climate is very much welcoming for tourists, and first time backpackers.


What's so good about Ilocos is the Ilocanos. The Ilocanos are the best. They are hospitable. They are kind. And they are the most industrious folks I have ever met in my life.


I intend to leave Manila by Monday and arrive in La Union for one night sleepover before I venture further North. I should be at Cabugao Resort by Wednesday. I'll stay there for three days. 


I would love to visit Vigan once more and eat of the fresh lumpias and empanadas. I'll also spend a night there and enjoy the cool night and the equally refreshing morning.


How about you, my dear ones, where do you intend to go this Holy week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!