Friday, April 6, 2012

How to meditate

Meditation is one form of relaxation. Some people equate meditation with religion which is wrong. Meditation is one way of de-stressing oneself or detoxifying oneself of the thoughts and ideas which you consider as "bad". It is also a way of communing with your inner Self and connecting with the universe.

Think of your brain as a computer. Every single day, you need to use CC Cleaner or use Trend Micro's anti-virus and anti-spam software to effectively clean your memory and memory sectors. Meditation is also like that. It energizes you. It cleans your mind of experiences which is not at all helpful for you as a person. Meditation helps in maintaining a healthy personality.

If you believe that every single thing is linked, then, you also believe that energies are also interconnected. Science has already recognized that every single thing is energy. Hence, you can energize yourself by simply doing what's best for you--meditation.

Meditation can occur anywhere but best if you really choose a spot where you can meditate. Try to go to a park full of trees or somewhere there's a beach, several trees and mountains. These places are best to meditate.

In the olden days, Filipinos go to caves to meditate. Caves are excellent places for meditation because there is minimal acoustic intervention.

When you meditate, you don't need to assume a lotus position. Of course, it's best if you do, but if you don't know how to sit lotus-like, try to just be very comfortable where you are. Sit comfortably, preferably put your back before a tree trunk, or just, lazily rest with your yoga mat in a nice, breezy place. 

When you're in a comfortable position, close your eyes. Free your mind of all thoughts. Just blacken your mind, block every single thought there is and just enjoy the serenity of seeing black. Then say these...

" As I count to ten...my mind will rest....and everything will be black....as I count to five, I will be in a deep state of being...and then when I count to ten...I will be in a state of utter meditation."

Deep meditation allows you to cleanse your mind of all thoughts. When you achieve that, you have energized yourself at the same time, re-booted your mind, so to speak and you're ready to live a more prosperous life.

Prayer for Friends

I worship the Lord my God with all my heart, my soul and my mind. I worship God, the God of all gods, the Lord of all Lords. He is the creator of every single thing and I praise and worship God's most Holy Name.

My God, forgive me of all my sins and cleanse my heart.

My God, bless my friends and lead them to the Proper Path.

My God, bless them continually and bring them to good health always. My God, keep them safe and free from harm.

This I pray in the glorious name of God, Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!