Sunday, August 12, 2012

The primal screams of Tears for Fears and my Eighties New Wave songs

Reliving the music of my generation, the eighties, rekindles in me the primal screams of my youth, of struggling against the very system that caused me and every single one, pain and of plotting its eventual demise. 

Seeing my idols of old still fighting the fight of others, makes me shout to myself, and every single one of my screams create the standing armies of Change.

The songs of my generation are stark rebellions of the age, precursors of many Arab springs and the first borns of micro revolutions. Those songs are stories of the early man born in a system of rottingness, of a baby awakening in an era of convoluted Ideas, of a baby waking up in a greasy, icy, love-less world, where the dictum has always been and will always be the survival of the fittest.

Those early New Wave songs were expressions of primal screams, of individuals expressing themselves through ballads and of ballads showing the slowly rotting system of rotting men. 

The songs of Tears for Fears, of Depeche Mode, of Simple Minds are some of the songs of my age. I rather describe them not just songs, but expressions of the age, of the early rebellions that happen in the lives of my early youth, where rebellions are necessary antidotes against the traditional, the UnChanging, the Rotten, and the Pygmies of Excess Faith.

While others of my Youth forget these rebellions the very first time they stepped unto the world of the Big Corporate and became junkies themselves of corporate life, in my case, the very Light of Revolutionary Reason is still burning within me. 

What I reject though, is unbelief in the existence of a God, while retaining much of what I learned and of what I read during five years of painful hours spent in various libraries, asking Marx, Lenin, Weber, Friedrich Hegels, and the philosophers before them, the whys of this World.

Exposing myself to these philosophies and embracing them as my own, made me the man that I am now---a Leader of Men, precisely because that knowledge that I gained from these  men empowered me to understand Man and the System He Created that now swallows him whole.

Listening to these songs makes me remember the importance of dialectics, of applying the very precepts of scientific inquiry in discovering the depths of man's follies. 

'Change you can change," reminds Tears For Fears. How? By "breaking things down again." Everyone is "Head over heels" of something, which reminds us of how philistinistic people are, and "every one wants to rule the world."

We can always strive for change, because change is the only constant in this world, there is no other.

Change is what makes the end of this system, an inevitable certainty. Change is Hope that the present system of Pain would eventually lead to a system of Bliss, eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!