Thursday, November 7, 2013

Janet Lim-Napoles defense before Senate Blue Ribbon: " I am not a thief."

Justice secretary Leila de Lima expects nothing from Janet Lim-Napoles' testimony before the Senate blue ribbon committee today. For one, says De Lima, the Senate does not provide a blanket immunity from suit, which Napoles knows. Fact is, since the very nature of this inquiry is "in aid of legislation",  the Senate is there to establish whether or not a law was violated and ergo, has to be amended, or repealed. Or maybe, a new law is necessary basing on what Napoles will disclose today.

The thing is, how can Napoles reveal something when there is a case filed against her before the Office of the Ombudsman already. This case is like a Damocles sword hanging above her head. An admission, though can actually be struck down as an evidence before the court, nonetheless, directly affects perception of her. The timing is terrible. Imagine, the Office of the Ombudsman is now in the process of validating the findings of the NBI and here is Napoles, being watched by his probers, telling all before Senators? Who will agree to that?

At best, here are possible "quotable quotes" from Napoles today.

" I am not a thief."

" I did not steal those billions. It came from my legitimate business in Indonesia which I will not disclose."

" They are lying (directed to Benhur Luy). They just want my money."

" It is not me who orchestrated all of these things. This is the handiwork of another."

" Kuya naman, please, madami ka nang kuha sa akin (pointing to cameramen and photogs). Hindi pa naman ako naka make-up."

" Your Honors please, I invoke my right to self-incrimination."

" Your Honors please, pwede bang mag -cr?"

"Your Honors please, pinanganak akong bilyonaryo."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!