Monday, June 21, 2010

TCB--one nice coffee shop along West Avenue

This is the first time that I sipped hot, steaming coffee from TCB. TCB, if you still don't know what it means is The Coffee Bean. When one of my colleagues told me to go to The Coffee Bean, I thought she meant Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Wrong. TCB means just plain coffee beans.

TCB would also, probably mean Total Cup of Barako or Talagang Capeng Barako. Or, maybe, just maybe TCB is the initials of the owners' names. I dein say that TCB is the owners' way of copying CBTL, oh no. There's simply a gulf of difference between TCB and CBTL.

CBTL simply means Capeng Barako sa Tabi ng LRT, different from Tasang Capeng Barako. CBTL, as one publicist say is a Hollywood brand. Crap. What's so Hollywood with a coffee which tastes so bitter. With TCB however, the bitterness is so sweet.

I'm now using their WI-FI, which I was informed, only last 15 minutes. Good enough. That'll be enough to finish this entry.

By the way, this place is a few meters away from EDSA, a small nook along West Avenue in Quezon City, before your reach EDSA. Why go here? Well, simply, it's a nice place. If you don't want to be disturbed and you simply want to enjoy your hot cup of barako coffee, TCB is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!