Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pontificating Dick Gordon

Much fuzz have been generated by Senator Mar Roxas' outburst during the interfaith rally. A colleague, Senator Richard Gordon, was one of the first one who "castigated" Mar when the Iloilo solon uttered such "bad words". After Gordon's self-moralizing tirade, Malacanang followed suit.

I don't know about you but I remember that incident before the establishment of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Area (SBMA). Gordon was then mayor of, I think, Olongapo Zambales. He was campaigning for the retention of the military bases since, he said, his entire province of Zambales and possibly, of Bataan, would not be able to cope with the withdrawal of US troops.

When Gordon was lambasted publicly by anti-bases groups, he cussed and threatened everyone. His cursing was worst than Mar Roxas. He even accused those who oppose the extension of the military bases as "ingrates", "fools" and "Communists". Had I decided to write in Tagalog, these words would definitely offend the sensibilities of many.

Yet, unlike Mar, Gordon cursed the people, not the people's oppressor, as what the good senator from Iloilo did.

I hope Mr. Gordon would not be that too a moralist and a pseudo good doer. Like Mar, Gordon is just human.

What would Gordon say if PGMA declares, say, Mr. Manny Villar as the administration's standard bearer and colleague Cheez Escudero as the administration's vice presidential timber, leaving him, Bayani Fernando and Noli de Castro in the lurch?Will he blurt the classic Tagalog cuss word against Gloria?

I would advise those who dreams to become president to just shut up, just do your own thing and not pontificate like they're saints when obviously, they're not.

And since I was one of those who suffered the brute force of state security forces during the struggle against the military bases agreement in the 1990's, I still remember that angry face of Mr. Dick Gordon and how he fought for the "right" of foreigners, especially foreign troops with the same color of his skin, to occupy a piece of his own country.

On a similar vein....

I came across a blog maintained by a supposed "queen". My blogger colleague is right. You'll just land there and will not dare come back.

She's one of the worst writers I have ever seen, a prostitute of the English language and of the most brutal kind. She cusses. She curses. And she even sells her mother online.

It's a shame. She speaks like a jolog, yet pretends to be a member of the elite. Shame. And, as I look at her face, her face is as crispy as lechon. Ah, now I understand.

She has flaws and flabs to hide that's why she cusses so that people will look the other way.

IN DEFENSE OF FELLOW BLOGGERS.

I vehemently condemn those who castigated some of the personalities I mentioned in my earlier blog entry. If you're a blogger, you need to respect my views on Noemi Dado and all the rest of the guys I met as I respect your views.

Dado and her husband are right. They are not after cleaning the blogosphere. However, I perceive them to be good people and I really think that they are really doing a great job as bloggers. And it is a shame for those people who hit them just because some blogger who happens to be me, perceive them as good folks. What's wrong with saying that Noemi is a great person? Or that Butch Dado, a great guy? I just met Noemi I think twice and I just like her tenacity. I just saw Butch once during the PhilippineBlogawards and I think that he's also a nice guy. Same as with what I know about Jayvee Fernandez and Juned Sunido. Totoong tao sila and I admire them for the sacrifices they are making for fellow bloggers who want the world to know that, the Pinoy blogosphere exists and it is making huge waves.





3 comments:

  1. Correction: Sen. Gordon was never a mayor of Iba, Zambales. Sa Olongapo City lang po siya naghari bilang mayor.

    I understand that Sen. Roxas is an aspiring presidentiables, pero ano po ba ang ginawa nito para sa kapakanan ng mga simpleng tao".

    Sen. Roxas is losing votes right before the campaign starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandaragat,

    Okey, correction accepted. Yes, it was Olongapo.

    Both of them, Roxas and Gordon failed to do their share to help our poor kababayans. That's why I urged them to not pontificate and just do their own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since me correction na, eto pa isa:

    Capiz not Iloilo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!