Thursday, January 8, 2009

38 and going strong

I almost forgot---it's my birthday today. Yes, I'm born the same day as Elvis Presley's. Or like Ariel Borlongan. I'm now 38 year old, officially today. Weird--add 3 and 8 and you get 11, right? Add 2009 and you get 11, right? Is that auspicious or not?

Just two more years and i'll be forty. I'm thinking how it is to reach that age. Imagine, some years ago, I was just a college student at UP. I always remember all those marches, all those RTD's even at a ripe age of 38.

Well, I went pass Rizal's age when he died. I also went pass Bonifacio's age. I hope to God that before I reach the age of forty, I'll be able to make that extreme sacrifice for the poor, the orphans and the widows in affliction. The more I age, the stronger my conviction is to offer this one life for that ultimate new revolution. Sadly, I am just one. And those who really aspire for a True, Just and Humane Philippine society are either aging like myself in the wild or aging inside rotting cells, like my friend, General Ariel Querubin. Sir, I'm praying for all of you there. I am sorry I was not there when you made history. I was away. But I promise that, if it indeed happens again, I'll be one with you til death.

Some of my colleagues have now, either is working for a multinational or went multinational themselves. The more I age, the more committed I am in seeing this country reformed.

Let me offer you a prayer today:

" O God, I worship and glorify your most holy name. You are the Creator of
Everything, the Father of all creation, the Maker of the Heavens and the
Earth.

Bless us o Father, forgive us our sins. Make every act of ours be worthy of
your Will. Imbue us with the Spirit of Justice, of Truth, of Freedom. May we always live according to your Will. May we always be mindful of your teachings.


Give us o Father the chance to do good things to our fellowmen. Make us a
part of your blessing to others, especially the poor, the orphans and the
widows. Give us the strength to be a blessing to all those in need. And make our sacrifice be worthy of your Will. Ameen.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!