Friday, January 8, 2010

Cebu Pacific discriminates: Airline tried to discriminate against kids with special needs

I'm quite disturbed with the way Cebu Pacific treats its passengers, particularly those with special needs. I've been to numerous Cebu Pacific flights and quite frankly, I am not entirely impressed with their service. Fact was, I was even slightly injured before when one of their planes overshot the ranway here in Manila and another one, in Iloilo, if I remember it correctly. No statement of apology nor even a "hi-nee-ho" was ever heard from them. If I am an American, I would have sued them for multi-million peso damages.

And now this...

Businessman Gerry Alcantara's wife, Maritess, experienced something of a nightmare last December 23, two days before Christmas when flight attendants of Cebu Pacific reportedly forced her and their 14-year old child out of a Manila-bound flight from Hongkong.

John Alvin Alcantara, who is a special child, was with his mother when a certain John Castaneda, a flight pursuer, arrogantly tried to prevent them from boarding the plane. Cebu Pacific, says Castaneda, has a strict policy regarding "passengers with mental illness". The airline company only allows just one mental patient, accompanied by a non-mental patient.

Cebu Pacific has already issued an apology but this, I believe, is not enough. The couple is demanding 10 million pesos in civil damages.

It is high time that Pinoys, especially those aggrieved by these giant airline companies, should stand up and sue these companies who discriminate against people with special needs. And even those injured or harmed by Cebu Pacific should take a stand and boycott this airline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!