Former soldier and now leader of the Samahang Magdalo Ashley Ascedillo publicly announced the support of his group to Senator Manny Villar, presidential bet of the Nacionalista. Ascedillo tried to rationalize the public announcement by saying that the organization underwent a selection process where 55,000 of their members nationwide voted who among the aspirants deserve their support. Ascedillo said it was a close fight between Villar and Liberal party standard bearer Noynoy Aquino, although Ascedillo failed to say how close the fight between these two stragglers was.
For the vice presidency, Magdalo chose Liberal party standard bearer Mar Roxas, leaving reserve officer Loren Legarda in a lurch. Legarda was with former president Cory Aquino during the Marine standoff in 2006. And Col. Ariel Querubin is right when he says that Legarda deserves the support more than Roxas. What I believe, however, to be entirely true is this--Roxas worked behind-the-scenes and did not publicly announced his support for the rebel's cause.
Those whom the Magdalo chose to support for the Senate are the following:
1. Colonel Ariel Querubin (NP)----brave soldier. Hero. Deserves to continue his fight to the Senate.
2. Senator Pia Cayetano (NP)----huh? why?
3. Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada (PMP-UNO)---he deserves support since he provided not just morale-boastings but also logistical requirements.
4. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr.(NP/KBL)---for his intelligence and his love of country, I say yes.
5. Susan "Toots" Ople---(NP) did I say more?This lady is a bundle of energy, of commitment and of sincerity. Ople deserves a crack at the Senate for being there when you need her and for really fighting for the rights of the Overseas Filipino Workers.
6. Representative Gilbert Remulla (NP)---huh? why? a result of political accommodation?
7. Atty. Adel Tamano (NP)---yes. He deserves some support.
8. Brigadier General Danilo Lim (LP)---hero. an inspiration. a brave person with a clean heart.
9. Representative Ruffy Biazon (LP)--yep. deserves support.
10. Former senator Tito Sotto (NPC)--yep. deserves support.
11. Atty. JV Bautista (PLM)---yep, deserves support.
12. Joey De Venecia III.(PMP-UNO)---of course. the whistleblower's fight must continue in the halls of the Senate.
Curiously, why was Atty. ALEX LACSON'S name not in the Magdalo roster? I wonder why....