Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How to lose weight while changing the world

I'm forty and at least 180 pounds. Yup, I'm not ashamed of my excess weight. I just have to deal with the aches and pains that goes with it.


Not for long though. 


I'm willing to trim my waist from a dismal 38 to 36. Yes. And I know one strategy that works.


It's costly when you gain weight. First, you have to totally disarrange your closet. This benefits several people, but gets me really sad because I'll be parting with some favorite shirts. 


Second, you get slower and therefore, you waste precious time. Imagine, getting some ten minutes just walking 100 meters from here to there? 


Lastly, imagine the brutal comments of my colleagues and some kids I usually meet and hear words like " Here comes the Buddha!". Aummmmm.


Seriously, I intend to lose some inches from my waist. I'm pretty much satisfied with the rest of my body except that I have a humongous beer belly. Yep. I don't drink---I'm allergic to alcohol. When people see my belly though, they think I'm lying.


Okey...now it's time for me to disclose what I intend to do in the following days or weeks perhaps.


First, I'll join the Zonta Club of Makati run this Sunday, March 13. Called the Rat Race, the fun run aims to gather some funds to support the campaign against human trafficking.


Human trafficking is one very serious concern in our country. Zonta is a global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide. This year one of their projects is the R.A.T. (Run Against Trafficking) Race. This is to race awareness of the human trafficking in the Philippines. It is also a fun run/ fundraiser that will benefit both the Visayan Forum Foundation, Inc., and the educational programs and services of Zonta Makati Ayala.


The rat race begins at 5 in the morning. Just go to Mckinley Hill. Before the race, call Ida Ayesa (0916-418-725). Look for any ROX or Chris Sports registration booths.


Race categories areL 1k up to 10k. I'll probably settle for half of a kilometer. :-)


Support Zonta Makati's RAT Race and help fellow Filipinos fight the syndicates of human trafficking. 


And help yourself trim that beer belly.

2 comments:

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!