Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Duterte's God

After several months of inactivity, I finally gained this site. I am thinking of linking it to my Facebook New Philippine Revolution page.

After talking with his friend Bishop Valles, here comes our President Rodrigo Roa Duterte threatening to kill those who will impose their religious beliefs on him. I am curious to know who in his right mind, would do that to him, considering that he is now considered to be the most powerful and the most dangerous man to ever manage this country as Chief Executive.

See Duterte's rant here.

Duterte is really a man of contradictions. He describes his god as a "Supreme Being" who, let me lift the entire passage from the Philippine Star article:

“I survived the election with six million,” Duterte said, referring to his lead over his closest contender.
“Yan ang Diyos ko (That’s my God). Six million Filipinos plus the others who voted for me. Above the margin and those who really voted for me, 15 (million) plus. Sila ang Diyos ko (They are my god),” he added.
Duterte claimed that unlike the God of his critics, his Supreme Being is “forgiving,” “not rude” and “does not curse.”
“As a matter of fact, my God does not say anything except the ten commandments,” he said, referring to a set of morality codes followed by Christians and Jews.
“When you use God to say that I’d go to hell, you know my God never created hell because if He created hell, he must be a stupid God. My God is not stupid to create man just to burn him in hell. I don’t believe that,” he said.
Read more at https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/07/11/1832522/duterte-breaks-moratorium-statements-vs-church#5TvgvSVrPmUmB1Dr.99

When Mr. Duterte says that his "Supreme Being" is "forgiving", "not rude" and "does not curse", yet does exactly the opposite, he is even the one violating the very precepts of this "god" he is referring to as the one whom he worships.

Mr. Duterte says his god only utters the Ten Commandments but again contradicted himself by saying that it is impossible for this god to create a "hell"---a place of suffering for those who exactly violate these commandments. Duterte must be a buffoon for not knowing the real meaning of "commandments." How can a commandment be thus without the pain of punishment or blessing if someone does them, right?

What does that tell us about Duterte's "God."

This god whom Mr. Duterte describes is a god of chaos, of anarchy, of no rules.

I shudder at this thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!