Sunday, December 30, 2018

UP Dharma Down, IV of Spades, ShantiDope, Unique

IV Of Spades
I'm definitely impressed with these youngsters, especially those of the UP DHARMA DOWN (I thought all of them are students of UP), IV of Spades, Shantidope and Unique.

Up Dharma Down is most unique in terms of sound. The fact is, Apple Music seemed clueless as to what genre the band belongs to. The band has renamed itself as UDD but I think they need to go back to their previous band name. UDD reminds one of a contraceptive. :-)

Up Dharma Down is classified as possessing "alternative sound" which I think is right. Their sound is pure class. And global, mind you.

IV of Spades must remain as a trio. The two guitarists and the drummer are highly talented young musicians. They seemed to be influenced by the VST and Company sound, the very sound promoted by Eat Bulaga where members of the band was discovered. By the way, Eat Bulaga has just celebrated their 40th anniversary.

Unique, which jammed with them seemed a very promising musician with an angst. If I were Unique, I would definitely jam with IV of Spades more so that I will not be associated with a toothpaste brand, joke! :-)

These young musicians should be supported so that their artistry will grow. They have a very unique musicality that is not just marketable but has impact.

One advice--just be yourselves. Do not be boxed just like how several industry men tried to box Eraserheads. I know they began as a commercial group but these youngsters should be allowed to blossom as artists of their own caliber sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!