Monday, February 11, 2008

Massaging the media

The palace machinery has started massaging the media. Look at what is appearing on television and on the papers. The media is reporting mostly on the stand of government. In fact, most of the testimony of the palace witnesses are spin instead of fact. And it is very evident that their testimonies are rehearsed and mostly spin.

I appeal to my colleagues in the media--side with the truth. For if the palace successfully air or print their spin, that will worsen this issue. Huwag tayong magpagamit sa palasyo.

As I wrote here, the media is the last bastion of Philippine democracy. If the media allows itself to be used by palace media operators, the media will unwittingly allow itself to justify further oppressive state actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!