Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Filo: Where's the vision?

I just read the comments of Filo, very interesting pieces. It gave me something to think about. And his points are very well taken. Thanks, bossing. For those who don't agree with any one of my entries here, please comment. I would definitely answer each and every one. By the way, if you want news, just go to my site at http://www.newphilrevolution.com.

Now, for those who want to contribute, you can do so. Just email newpatriots@newphilrevolution.com. I'll be happy to post it at the new NPR. I want it sana to be a user-generated content site.

A few days from now, we will launch the new online news magazine: The Filipino News Network. The URL is http://www.filipinonewsnetwork.com.

Actually, I meant well when I wrote about Senator Villar's act. Filo is right. Don't worry, I'll correct it. I really did not mean to endorse anybody here. As I said, I'm just an observer of political dynamics.

Now, the problem with all these presidentiables, no one has a concrete political agenda. No one has a vision. No one has the right ideology fit for us. For example, everybody, especially Chiz Escudero mouths motherhood statements every single time. Mar Roxas, meanwhile, tries to manipulate our emotions. While si Villar, nagmumurang kamatis with his Tropang Villar (or Tropang Manny). Corny.

The one that I, at least, got some sense is Teodoro's ads. It's a public service announcement yet the branding is clear. Teodoro, at least, revealed his ideology before the public. (check out what it is).

That's why, many people, and that includes me, fear 2010. Why? No one stands out among the presidentiables. No single one.

We hope that Chiz would fit the bill but talks about how he tries to get Mrs. Arroyo's endorsement is a total letdown. It's not surprising since Chiz's father used to work for ex-strongman Ferdinand Marcos. Like father, like son? That's a possibility. Look, Chiz used to be the spokesperson of the opposition. He used to be with UNO. Then, he reverted back to NPC. He abandoned his comrades there.

Mar Roxas, I think, has the will yet he seems to fidget, confirming what Mrs. Arroyo accused him of as doing some pussyfooting. Loren Legarda also does that. Remember that pronouncement that she'll align only with Erap? After that statement, Legarda retracted and announced that she'll submit herself to the NPC process. What in God's name was that?

Villar, well, is involved in a controversy and debases himself and the people for continually snubbing the Senate ethics investigation. Instead of answering the accusations, point blank, he resorts to image control. That shows what kind of governance Villar will have once he wins.

Gordon is at least above reproach with his actions; yet, his soft stance in the fight against terrorism is a total letdown. You talk peace with legitimate revolutionary groups, not with terrorists. Maybe Gordon needs to re-study the political spectrum.

Noli de Castro boasts of the government's housing program, telling everybody how successful they were giving 1.8 million families decent homes. What he failed to tell us is, what now? I heard almost half a million of these families are having a hard time paying for their housing loans.

Another hopeful, Among Ed Panlilio, seems too good to be true. Too good that he probably is still unprepared for a higher post. Someone who has the vision might, at one point, conclude that it is not the Office of the President that causes these social problems. It is the system that causes all of these woes. What if Among Ed realizes it? Would that convince him to change this system in a drastic manner?

How about Bayani, you ask? Well, I don't like to waste words with a Hitler mini-me.

I urge Filo to contribut articles to this space, if he has time. I'll publish him. I urge him to submit articles for http://www.newphilrevolution.com and http://www.filipinonewsnetwork.com.

Thanks, again. And God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invitation, Pat, but I am still waiting for the rest of my post to appear at the bottom of your article, PLUS perhaps any of your new clarifications/reactions/insights augmenting-but-not-overwriting your original piece. If you intend to clear up your message, it would only be fair to do it on the same page, to your other readers and myself as well. Re:contributing to NPR, I'll consider it, though I already am contributing by way of being thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, the answer to your article title question "Where's the vision?" is this:

    UNDER A MICROSCOPE.

    If I may quote a comment from BetterPhilippines to which lpgd said Amen: “The reason Filipinos are so screwed up when it comes to voting is that too little critical thought is put into the selection of whom to vote for. And too many of us do it that way. What evidence do I have that we’re terrible at this? Just look at the last 5 decades and see how 'well' we’ve chosen our leaders!”

    Politicians' circus antics here are the gold standard for public misbehaving short of whacking each other with chairs. How different is this from browsing a menu of such narrow variety- hey shall we order carbonara with fly? Or fillet mignon with spit? Perhaps clam chowder with roach? Ah, how about dinuguan with toenail? The spectrum is so shitty that we can't afford to get easily sold on hope alone and get this one wrong again.

    Vision? Put these politicians' left hand in a blender before allowing them run for candidacy - let's see who really wants to serve!

    Damn, this is making me hungry. I'm gonna go eat something now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!