Friday, December 25, 2009

Friends are blessings from God


This year has been a blessing for me and for my family. For one, I met new friends, strengthened those old ties and deepened my faith with God. It was also a year of frustrations, of unmet expectations from people and of deeper contemplation about life and about the future. All in all, this year, I would say, brought me to a higher plane of consciousness, of realization and of a deeper appreciation of things.

Compared last year, I was richer now than before, richer and wealthier in the sense that I met new friends. Some of my new friends include Susan "Toots" Ople, whom I find to be very sincere and really dedicated to the Cause of Labor. Others include Vince Dalingan of Bulacan, RJ Marmol (whom I just met this year), Roy Cabonegro, and Don Flordeliza. I share affinity with this people because they all aspire for the same things that I just dream of.

Arlyn dela Cruz of Inquirer fame, Trixie Angeles and so many others who share the same aspirations, the same dreams, of finally having a society that is freer than the others, that does not tolerate corruption and a society of love, democracy and peace.

These dreamers, of the New Patriot mold, are like me--poor in terms of money but plenty of dreams and work for the betterment of our society.

My old friends, Ding Gagelonia and all the rest, continue writing stuff that inspires and enlightens. Ding, take care of your health.

After many years of absence, I also re-united with my buddy, Dado V. Also, let me mention other ideological and personal buddies whom I shared a big part of my life, now continuing the struggle we so gave our lives before.

A few days ago, I also re-united with my "kuya" Alex Lacson. He is still daring to change things in his own way, his own fashion. I will help him realize that.

Of course, who would forget Joey de Venecia III? I just hope that our friendship deepens despite our differences.

To all those whom I berated in this spare, commented against, and humiliated, let me just tell you one thing---REPENT and RECTIFY the wrongs you so wrought to our people. By doing so, you will earn not just my praise but the praise of the Filipino People.

To all those who still dream of a Better and More Prosperous Philippines, I say---be patient. Our longsuffering will surely end.

To all those who dream of owning this country for themselves, I say--dream on! This country belongs only to the Filipino People, and where tyranny exists, there will definitely be thousands who will sacrifice their lives to defeat it.

For God favors those with kind hearts and men of Peace.

1 comment:

  1. You are a blessing yourself, Pat. Glad to have made a new friend in you. Happy new year and I wish you more blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!