Saturday, January 8, 2011

God, Country and Family

God, Country and Family (GCF). That has always been my wants matrix since high school. 


Everything that I do, I do it for the greater glory of God. God is the provider. He is the maker of everything. We owe our lives to Him, and Him alone.


If asked what I'll choose between a family reunion and a community project that would help the poor, I will always choose "project".


If you do things for God and country, then, you're practically doing your family a great favor. If you give God, the glory, then, you're actually doing things for the betterment of society.


If you offer your life to your country, to your fellowmen, you are doing something good for God. For God ordained us to help other people.


Let me thank my friends.


I thank Peter Badilla, wherever you are, for those philosophical discussions that keep our nights alive. I thank Alex Lacson for providing me with an alternative viewpoint.


I thank Susan Ople for allowing me to help OFWs in need. I thank Amina Rasul for allowing me to help our oppressed fellow MUslim brothers and sisters.


I thank God for giving me these people:


Dr. Zeus Salazar, Atty Argee Guevarra, Col. Dado Valeroso, Atty. Fred Mison, Noemi Dado, Meg Roxas, Jemma Chua, Carlo Ople, Fort, Ding Gagelonia, Arlyn dela Cruz, Gerry Gamez, Dante Jimenez, Vice President Tito Guingona, Fr. Robert Reyes, Rasti delizo, Liza Masa, Satur Ocampo, Mary Ong, Atty. Jojo, Atty. Jaby, Bobby Capco, Nick Ferrer, Sandy and Macon Araneta, Dante Lagman, Dodong Encanto, my fellow brothers and sisters in the greatest fraternity of all, my colleagues over at LFS and PLM, Sonny Melencio, Jasmine Casim, all my colleagues over at Cravings and ASHA, Prof. Carlos, Rommel B, Prof. Jose Custodio, my media colleagues for more than a decade, Ariel Fernandez, all my colleagues whom I was fortunate to work with during the elections, those who continually strive towards environmental protection, all my colleagues online especially those writing for the Filipino Voices and Blogwatch...every body whom I was extremely fortunate to meet and be friends with, I offer this day for you all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!