Saturday, January 8, 2011

My birthday wish---Giving back and helping more people this year

Today, I'm forty. People would always say that life begins at this age. 


When you are at this age, you're wiser and probably stronger. You're wiser because you have 20 or so years worth of knowledge and experience ahead of the next generation. Second, you're stronger because you have at least 30 or so years of experience about your body and how it works. Your body works like a machine, and your soul already knows how to drive it.


Remembering all these years, it is but fitting to thank God for all of these.


Like any other ordinary person, I had my ups and my downs. I had my mistakes, had a few missteps and a few more mis-judgements. These I consider as learnings. Whenever I make a mistake, I transform it into a mental note deep within the recesses of my soul. That's why I can't make a second error any longer since something within me says that that's wrong and don't go into it. That's the advantage of being "old"--you're wiser and you commit lesser mistakes.


My birthday wish this year is simple---try to help as many people as I can. I am now forty and I just have 20 or so years left in my life here. It is always best for people to think about their mortality--that this soul is not expected to live life forever. (One must strive for holiness for one to transform himself from human to a spiritual being)


For the next 20 or so years, try to give back what God has given you. Many people probably of my age or older than me, forget this. They always think of amassing great wealth for their families, yet, forget that they have a duty to God and their countrymen. 


When you give something back to the People, that benefits not only the entire nation, but you and your family. When we all unite and create a just and humane society, it is not just the entire 90 million Filipinos who'll benefit--but you and your progeny as well.


You don't live in this earth and do nothing for other people. You are created for a reason. That reason is simply be part of enriching the earth. 


You can't bring your wealth with you when you die. Why amass great wealth when you already know that you leave these things behind when you die? 


Is it but fitting for you to amass wealth of a spiritual kind, something which you will definitely be able to enjoy when you leave this earth and go where the Father wants you to.


I am excellent in bringing people together for a project. I know my friends, their strengths and their weaknesses. When I see something that would help a lot of people, I ask my friends to join me in a project and we strategize and implement. 


With God's help, I will be doing more of the same things this year. For me to do this in an excellent manner, I will bring myself back to mainstream media. 


I already talked with a radio station on the possibility of bringing a radio show back on air. This radio show will talk about inspiring stories about fellow Filipinos and inform Filipinos on how best to take the great opportunities that lie before them and transform their lives for the best. 


That's one. The other is fortify the Foundation we created. This Foundation aims to launch a Cultural Revolution in our country. I will definitely be part of this. 


I always believe that money is just a way for you to be able to sustain your lifestyle and make other people happy. Others say, money is the root of all evil. They're mistaken. Money is created just so others may truly live. I intend to use my small money, for the benefit of the many. This is the purpose of my creation---to see that many people live as they deserve under a democracy. 


Lastly, I thank God for giving me the chance to reach this age. I thank God for making me understand certain things going around me. I thank God that I now have a loving family. I thank God that I am now enjoying family life, something which I hated before, but now, every single day is a blessing for me.


I thank God that I have friends who think a-like, who also strive for the betterment of our society and who also acts for the general welfare.


I thank God that I have friends who, despite their old age, still continue to feel for oppressed people, and continue to spend their time with the old, the sick, the widowed, the orphans in their affliction. This is the true religion.


And I thank God that He is still giving me the strength to make every day a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!