Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eat Bulaga spearheads national bayanihan

I just can't help but cry. My tears are of joy.


Entertainment programs in the country are being transformed. Yes, they are. And they are transforming themselves as vehicles for people empowerment.


And Eat Bulaga is leading the charge. Or, I might say, Eat Bulaga is spearheading the movement for change.


Today, Eat Bulaga helped three Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW), those expatriated from Libya. 


Tito, Vic and Joey gave these distressed brothers of ours, a concert in tribute to the thousands of brave Filipinos affected by the war in Libya.


More than 55,000 Filipinos have been expatriated from the war-torn country. More OFWs are expected to return home, since the turmoil in the Middle East is expected to blaze some more. Saudi Arabia yesterday has just encountered a civil unrest. There are more than a million Filipinos working in that Arab state.


I can't help myself but cry. I am a former Overseas Filipino Worker. And I know how hard it is to leave your loved ones to live in a foreign country just to earn some dough.


Yesterday, I conducted a talk with several CESO's, heads of different communication departments of the government. I told them the reason why I went back. I went back to share whatever knowledge and skills I learned abroad to help our country.


I hope those Pinoys who came from the Middle East be given the chance to share their knowledge for the benefit of our country. My kababayans, it is time to go home.


Eat Bulaga gave some financial assistance to some of our distressed kababayans, living heroes yes, some of who were abandoned by the government in their times of need. 


I urged Eat Bulaga to continue helping our fellow Filipinos. It is time for that great Kabayanihan spirit within us to show itself and uplift us from our present state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!