Sunday, August 19, 2012

Secretary Jessie Robredo's plane crashed in Masbate: no signs of life yet

I just couldn't believe what I heard---Secretary Jessie Robredo's plane crashed 3 kilometers off the Masbate airport. A deep sorrow rushed through me, as if I lost a very, very, valuable friend. I had several occasions where I was with him, but we never became truly friends. I admired him for what he did for his fellow men, how he improved the lives of his fellow folk without enriching his in the process.

Jessie Robredo is one of the most principled yet unassuming man I have ever met in my life. Inspite of having lots of power, Jessie remained humble and courteous. He is an exemplar of a public servant.

News of the crash left many dumbfounded. Going to a four day holiday, people should be celebrating for the extra "work-less" days. How can you now celebrate when you know that the peoples of Naga are grieving for the loss of their precious son?

My family and I hope that "second" (as what many people call him) is still alive, somewhere out there in the Masbate sea. I just pray that God gave him a lifeline, something to cling on, for he has still some more work to do for our people. 

Our merciful God is listening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!