Sunday, December 23, 2012

Club Mwah--Celebrating the beauty of the female form

My colleagues and I had a very exciting party at Club Mwah. If you still don't know Club Mwah, it's a club right smack Boni avenue in Mandaluyong. It's a small 4 storey building, built like a small theater. There's two human figures at the entrance of the building, signifying what the place really stood for. Anyway, you go up the building and at the third floor, you'll be ushered in the bar and theater.

Being at Club Mwah is like being transported into another place, another time. As would a believer in Quantum Physics would always say, place defines consciousness. A different place, a different consciousness, a different observation.

Club Mwah was created specifically for art. I would not detail so much about the performance since I believe, you have to see it for yourself and judge if it's tasteful for you or not.

For me, that performance at Club Mwah is like watching a ritual, a celebration of the beauty of the human form. You can feel that these people love the human form so much, they have dedicated their entire lives as a living homage to it.

Club Mwah is for those who appreciate the beauty of the female form. However, it is unlike any other show. Club Mwah is pure entertainment. If you want to be entertained, Club Mwah is for you.

The Follies of Club Mwah is a dedicated lot. I truly admire these people because it takes a great lot of discipline to be able to maintain that kind of form.

The entire performance created for the stage by Cris Nicolas is a heart-stopper. It is one of a kind. It is celebratory, highly entertaining and pulsating with passion. I admire the entire troupe for being so creative and so dedicated to their principles and life.

I even shed a tear, knowing fully well that the labors we so did to fight for people like the Follies, have now bore fruit.

I congratulate Club Mwah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!