Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Cassandra under Pnoy's reign

I just cannot help comparing Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago with that of Cassandra, the fatal character who opposed the entry of the Greek Horse that led to the fall of Troy.

IN spite of the repeated announcements by the Iglesia Ni Cristo leaders that their medical and dental missions were of no political relevance and consequence, Miriam still held the belief that it has political undertones.

What with placing a million people to surround Malacanan? What with schools within the vicinity be ordered to accommodate close to 2 million people (Manila police estimated it to have reached 6 million)? What with every single corner and streets entering Malacanan was filled to the brim with believers of the Iglesia?

Political undertones? There is nothing political in giving free dental and medical services to those in need. These things only turn political when politicians do this. ,

What is there to fear with more than six million people marching and "storming" Malacanan? I likened it to a giant composed of people who set his bow and pointed it against the hapless Pnoy.

News are circulating of a text which came from the INC leadership lambasting Pnoy and calling for a people's revolt.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this brilliant blog;this is the kind of thing that keeps me awake through the day. I've been looking around for this site after I heard about them from a buddy and was thrilled when I found it after searching for awhile. Being a avid blogger, I'm dazzled to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Just wanted to comment to show my appreciation for your website as it is very interesting, and many bloggers do not get credit they deserve. I am sure I'll drop by again and will send some of my friends.
    dentist oakville ontario

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!