Friday, December 12, 2008

The New Bonifacio

Last night, me and my wife was fortunate to witness the promise of a change maker. Senator Mar Roxas treated his friends, colleagues and supporters to a sumptuous feast. Hundreds of friends and people joined him last night, everybody expected him to make a thunderous condemnation of what's happening and people were not spurned. Roxas spoke like a true Nationalist. He livened up the spirits of those who were there with his wit and we also felt his nationalism. His nationalism touched every heart and his longing for change was shared by everybody who were with him last night.

I saw old government officials, those who served Erap and even those who served Gloria. I saw generals, socialites and even media colleagues. Is Mar Roxas the new hope? Is he the anointed one who will change the ways things are or will he be the political flash in the pan, promising many things yet, eventually delivering nothing? Will he be like Gloria whom the gods of this country pandered and idolized only to be disappointed later on when Gloria allowed herself to be taken prisoner by forces intend on making life miserable for many and comfy to them and their mafia members.

What made my day was when former Senate President Jovy Salonga arrived. I supported Salonga when he ran for the presidency. Even in defeat, I was with him. Salonga was the ideal president who never stepped in the palace glory. As they say, the presidency is a fate reserved for those whom the Gods favor. Will Mar be the one?

Sometimes, I shudder at the thought of Mar becoming president. It was unfortunate for me to have worked with one of his supposed nieces and if Mar is like his niece, then, I fear for the worst for this country.

Having said that, what would make me vote for Mar and what would even spur me to talk about him and share his vision to my friends? These are the requisites:

1. Mar should present his agenda for governance this early so that people will either approve or disapprove of it.

2. Mar should campaign hard against graft and corruption. He should demonstrate his strong will to fight grafters in government and even in the private sector.

3. Mar should, early on, remove those usual suspects in political funding whose interest lies in getting back their ROI's instead of truly helping him due to his nationalism. I saw some of them last night and if Mar sticks with them, he better do so for the right reasons.

4. Mar should marry Korina. Though many family members hate Korina's guts, she'll probably not turn into a First Gentleman. Unlike FG, Korina has the heart.

5. Mar should be very consistent in his desire for change.

By the way, Mar Roxas and four other presidentiables, will be joining more than 20,000 people in today's rally at Ayala Avenue. Show our solidarity by being there. Rain or no rain, we must show Gloria that we want change and we want her puny face out of the palace. Same goes to her rascal Cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!