Friday, September 17, 2010

Robin Padilla---a Muslim no longer?

Robin Padilla and Mariel Rodriguez just got married. Yet, they did not marry in a Muslim ceremony. They got married through an Ibaloi ceremony.

Robin explains that they got married in an Ibaloi ceremony because his mother is an Igorot. The ceremony lasted for one and half hours, afterwards, they also got married before a pastor. It is unknown why they did so twice.

I thought Robin is a Balik-Islam, a Muslim revert? Robin is an active member of the local Balik-Islam movement. He is  known as Abdullah.

They should have gotten married in a Muslim ceremony.

Does this mean that Robin is not a Muslim anymore? The Ibaloi ceremony involves using blood smearing of a pig, two things considered haram by Muslims. Fact is, the entire ceremony is considered haram.

For the sake of our fellow Muslims, Robin Padilla should explain if he already abandoned the Muslim faith.

6 comments:

  1. I really don't understand why. I'm very disapponted in him. I'm a balik-islam too and I hold my belief in God more sacred than getting married for show. My 2nd wife and I got married through Islamic rites. The fact that they smeared pig blood is already very UN-ISLAMIC. Peace be unto everyone. I believe Robin Padilla should explain this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is so haram. I'm an islam-revert but i think he went overboard for entertainment's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ako rin ay nagtaka kung bakit mas pinili ni Robin ang ganitong seremonya. Balido kaya ito at pwedeng siyang mag-asawa ng marami kagaya sa Islam? - htpp://philippine-made.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no middle way in Islam. You either believe in it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaaii.. naku robin.. for me you are not a good example to your fellow muslims.. mariel should revert and convert islam too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. He became a Muslim while in prison. Give him some understanding and stop being so judgmental ! Being a free and successful man makes one consider better decisions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading my blog. You inspired me. But if you intend to put your name "anonymous", better not comment at all. Thanks!